Beacon College Experiential Learning is a vital (and required!) part of your college experience. Below you will find everything you need to know to get started.
More About Experiential Learning
Experiential Learning Opportunities
There are many ways to find experiential learning opportunities, but it takes preparation and planning.
The first step is enrolling with the Career Center.
The Career Center can put you in touch with experiential learning opportunities and help you prepare for and land them.
Visit Us: 100 West Meadow Street
Get credit for experiential learning
To get credit for an experiential learning opportunity you’ve completed, you must submit the required forms to Career Development Center before the end of the semester.
You must complete 80 or more total hours during your experiential learning opportunities — up to 20 hours may be done on campus.
For questions about receiving credit for your experiential learning, contact the Career Center.
- 80 or more total hours are required during your experiential learning, of which up to 20 hours may be done on campus.
- You must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or higher.
- You must be in good academic standing to apply for an experiential learning opportunity.
- Experiential learning opportunities during the school year are permissible.
- The experiential learning opportunity must be an extension of the classroom – a learning experience that provides for applying the knowledge gained in the classroom.
- All forms must be completed for each experiential learning experience.