About the Program
August 2 – 20, 2021
The Career Immersion Program (CIP) is a three-week summer career readiness experience that enables Beacon students to:
- Develop their professional skills and interests in a highly focused and supportive environment.
- Complete 50 internship hours toward Beacon’s 80-hour requirement for graduation — without the added pressure and coursework of a traditional school term.
CIP is open to all Beacon students, but rising seniors, juniors and sophomores receive priority.
The only cost for CIP is a residential fee for room, board and materials of $1,450.
Interested students should apply online as soon as possible. Enrollment is limited to 40 students.
Click here to view or download a sample schedule. Please be aware that the schedule is subject to change.
The centerpiece of the CIP experience is a 50-hour supervised professional internship. Wherever possible, internships are matched to the student’s academic major.
- ON-CAMPUS — Nearly 30 on-campus internships are available in administration, campus life, counseling, data entry, housing, sports and outdoor activities — and more.
- OFF-CAMPUS — A select number of off-campus internships are available with local Leesburg-based business, civic and social service organizations.
- A team of Beacon staff provides 13 hours of one-to-one personal career coaching to each CIP student. They also lead small group discussions offering positive feedback and suggestions for continued improvement and growth.
- All CIP students participate in nine career-building seminars on such topics as:
- Conducting a Successful Job Search
- Professional Communication Skills
- Business Dress, Emails and Etiquette
- Developing Networking Skills
- Employability Skills
Essential skills that are critical for success in virtually any job — from reliability and teamwork, to communication and problem solving
- Students also will learn to become self-sufficient through career exploration, goal setting and an internship practicum experience —
all critical skills for a successful transition into the workplace.
What Students Say
Student satisfaction rate with their CIP experience
3 in 4 students
Saw a significant increase in their confidence levels
Based on a survey of Beacon’s inaugural CIP program in Summer 2020.
Want To Know More?
“The Career Immersion Program was very worthwhile to me because I got the opportunity to work and interact with the director of communications. I was also given the opportunity to provide Beacon College with some outstanding postproduction skills.”
— Corin Shields, ’21
Web and Digital Media Major