About the Program
Dates to be announced
The Career Immersion Program (CIP) is a three-week summer career readiness experience that enables Beacon students to:
- Develop their professional skills and interests in a highly focused and supportive environment.
- Complete 50 internship hours toward Beacon’s 80-hour requirement for graduation — without the added pressure and coursework of a traditional school term.
CIP is open to all Beacon students, but rising seniors, juniors and sophomores receive priority. Interested students should apply online as soon as possible. Enrollment is limited to 40 students.
To be announced.
Click here to view or download a sample schedule. Please be aware that the schedule is subject to change.
The centerpiece of the CIP experience is a 50-hour supervised professional internship. Wherever possible, internships are matched to the student’s academic major.
- ON-CAMPUS — Internships are available in administration, campus life, counseling, data entry, housing, sports and outdoor activities — and more.
- OFF-CAMPUS — A select number of off-campus internships are available with local Leesburg-based business, civic and social service organizations.
- A team of Beacon staff provides 13 hours of one-to-one personal career coaching to each CIP student. They also lead small group discussions offering positive feedback and suggestions for continued improvement and growth.
- Students also will learn to become self-sufficient through career exploration, goal setting and an internship practicum experience —
all critical skills for a successful transition into the workplace.
Several of our CIP 2021 students pictured in front of City Hall, where they completed their internships.
What Students Say
Student satisfaction rate with their CIP experience
9 in 10 students
Saw a significant increase in their confidence levels
Based on a survey of Beacon’s summer 2021 CIP program.
Want To Know More?
“The Career Immersion Program was very worthwhile to me because I got the opportunity to work and interact with the director of communications. I was also given the opportunity to provide Beacon College with some outstanding postproduction skills.”
— Corin Shields, ’21
Web and Digital Media Major
For more information about the Career Immersion Program, email firstname.lastname@example.org.