Beacon College Transportation: Notification of Your Rights Under Title VI
- Beacon College Transportation operates its programs and services without regard to race, color, and national origin in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act. Any person who believes she or he has been aggrieved by any unlawful discriminatory practice under Title VI may file a complaint with Beacon College Transportation
- For more information on Beacon College Transportation’s civil rights program, and the procedures to file a complaint, contact 352-638-9784, and/or email firstname.lastname@example.org; or visit our administrative office at 105 E. Main Street Leesburg, Florida 34748. For more information, visit https://www.beaconcollege.edu/.
- If information is needed in another language, contact 352-638-9784.
- Beacon College Transportation opera sus programas y servicios, sin importar la raza, color, origen nacional y en conformidad con lo dispuesto en el Título VI de la Ley de Derechos Civiles. Cualquier persona que cree que ha sido agraviada por cualquier práctica discriminatoria ilegal bajo el Título VI puede presentar una queja con Beacon College Transportation.
- Para obtener más información sobre el programa de derechos civiles de Beacon College Transportation y los procedimientos para presentar una queja, comuníquese con 352-638-9784, o al correo electrónico a email@example.com; o visite nuestra oficina administrativa en 105 E. Main Street Leesburg, Florida 34748. Para obtener más información, visite https://www.beaconcollege.edu
- Si necesita información en otro idioma, comuníquese con 352-638-9784.
Any person who believes he or she has been discriminated against on the basis of race, color, or national origin by Beacon College Transportation may file a Title VI complaint by completing and submitting the agency’s Title VI Complaint Form (refer to Appendix E). Beacon College Transportation investigates complaints received no more than 180 days after the alleged incident. Beacon College Transportation will process complaints that are complete.
Once the complaint is received, Beacon College Transportation will review it to determine if our office has jurisdiction. The complainant will receive an acknowledgement letter informing him/her whether the complaint will be investigated by our office.
Beacon College Transportation has ninety (90) days to investigate the complaint. If more information is needed to resolve the case, Beacon College Transportation may contact the complainant. The complainant has ten (10) business days from the date of the letter to send requested information to the investigator assigned to the case. If the investigator is not contacted by the complainant or does not receive the additional information within ten (10) business days, Beacon College Transportation can administratively close the case. A case can also be administratively closed if the complainant no longer wishes to pursue their case.
After the investigator reviews the complaint, she/he will issue one of two letters to the complainant: a closure letter or a letter of finding (LOF). A closure letter summarizes the allegations and states that there was not a Title VI violation and that the case will be closed. A LOF summarizes the allegations and the interviews regarding the alleged incident, and explains whether any disciplinary action, additional training of the staff member or other action will occur. If the complainant wishes to appeal the decision, she/he has seven (7) days to do so from the time she/he receives the closure letter or the LOF.
If you believe you have been discriminated against, please complete this form and submit to the Beacon College Transportation Title VI Liaison. This form is available in both English and Spanish.