Welcome to the Beacon College Graduation page. Here you will be able to find information on graduating from Beacon College and the annual Commencement Ceremony.
Preparing to Graduate
Congratulations on your achievement. In this section, you will find information that will help make the graduation process go smoothly for you.
- All official graduation correspondence will be sent your Beacon College email;
- Participation in the Commencement Ceremony: Students who are within 6 credits of fulfilling their graduation requirements may walk in the ceremony providing they submit a graduation application by the graduation application deadline;
- Degrees are conferred at the end of the fall and spring semesters;
- Degrees will be mailed out 2-4 weeks after the conferral date;
- Beacon College holds a formal Commencement Ceremony for both December and May graduates in May following the spring semester. Participation in commencement exercises does not guarantee the awarding or issuance of a degree. Degree conferral relies solely on the satisfactory completion of all graduation requirements;
- If you require official college transcripts, order them through the Online Transcript Request page of the Beacon College website.
Steps to Graduation
- Complete the course requirements for the desired degree for the Catalog year under which you plan to graduate;
- Earn a cumulative 2.0 college grade point average;
- Visit the Assistant Registrar’s Office in Beacon Hall to complete the required paperwork that includes the Graduation Application Form;
- Resolve any holds on your account;
- It is the student’s responsibility to ensure they have fulfilled all graduation requirements.
Awards and Honors
The appropriate honors are recorded on the student’s diploma. The honors, based on scholastic achievement, are as follows:
|Cum Laude||3.40 to 3.59||Gold Cords|
|Magna Cum Laude||3.60 to 3.79||Gold Cords|
|Summa Cum Laude||3.80 to 4.00||Gold Cords|
|Valedictorian – highest GPA Class of 2019||Medal|
|Salutatorian – 2nd highest GPA Class of 2019||Medal|
– Business & Technology
– Human Services & Psychology
– Studio Arts
|PSI Tau Omega Academic Honor Society||Gold Stole|
|Honor’s Certificate||Gold/Navy Cords|
|Gamma Beta Phi Honor & Service Society||Gold/Navy Cords|
All Honor cords and stoles will be distributed before the Commencement Ceremony at the designated area.
All graduates must wear a black cap/tassel and gown with hood over their clothing to participate in the ceremony. Caps, tassels, gowns and hoods will be ordered by Beacon College and graduates will pick up from the Registrar’s Office prior to the ceremony.
If you would like to order personalized announcements, thank you notes and/or other graduation products, visit jostens.com.
A professional photographer will be present to photograph a studio portrait of each graduate before the ceremony and photographs of each graduate receiving his/her diploma from President Hagerty. As part of the graduation fee, each graduate will receive a 10×8 photo along with his/her diploma in the mail.
Photos of students walking across the stage will be posted to the Beacon College website.
Family and friends are welcome to take pictures with their graduate before and after the ceremony.
Commencement Ceremony Video
The Commencement Ceremony will be videotaped and DVDs available for purchase through the Office of Institutional Development.