College can be challenging for a student with a learning disability such as dyslexia, ADHD or ASD. Welcome to Beacon College, where students who learn differently succeed. Our unique programs are designed to meet the needs of students with learning disabilities, offering academic and personal support services to help students achieve their goals.
- Our sole mission is to support the educational goals of students who learn differently.
- Our dedicated faculty and staff are specially trained to help students with learning disabilities succeed in college.
- Beacon students join a diverse, welcoming and supportive community of students facing similar challenges.
- Beacon’s graduation rate exceeds that of any standard four-year college.
- Our safe campus is located in an active small city environment, close to Florida urban centers and travel destinations.
- Our integrated, four-year career development starts in Year One, giving Beacon students a jump on career aspirations.
- Beacon teaches empowering strategies for life, helping our students achieve their goals in college and beyond.
- Beacon’s NavigatorPREP transition program helps prepare students for college.
Academics: The Right Fit
Our students learn differently, so we teach differently.
- Small class sizes (~ 12-16 students) facilitate personal attention
- Developmental courses cultivate college-level learning skills
- Trained Learning Specialists provide individual academic mentoring
- Faculty tailor teaching to each student’s learning style and unique needs
- Specialty courses promote critical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Advanced technology – including assistive technology – is integrated into all coursework
- Essential support services are included in the cost of tuition
Faculty: Caring Professionals
Beacon’s faculty dedicate their careers to the success of students who learn differently. Regardless of prior training, all new faculty and staff complete Beacon’s exclusive semester-long training program specifically focused on the needs of our students.
Closeup: B.S in Anthrozoology
Anthrozoology is Beacon’s newest academic major. It explores the extraordinary relationships and interactions that people have with animals and leads to a number of exciting career possibilities. Beacon’s unique approach includes classroom instruction and hands-on learning. Coursework combines scientific study and investigation with theoretical applications in the areas of animal welfare, animal behavior and conservation.
Download our brochure or watch this short video for details.
Snapshot: Exciting Options For Students with Learning Disabilities
Beacon’s degree programs help our students leverage their strengths and interests to build extraordinary lives and find fulfilling work.
Bachelor of Science (B.S.)
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
Associate of Science (A.S.)
Associate of Arts (A.A.)
Majors: B.S. Program
- Business Management
- Business Management Track
- Hospitality Track
- Computer Information Systems
- Web & Digital Media Track
- Information Systems Track
Majors: B.A. Program
- Human Services
- Studio Arts
Success in College: Learning Resources
Beacon College exists to serve students who learn differently — those with diagnosed learning disabilities, dyslexia, ADHD and related conditions. We are deeply committed to helping our students succeed. In addition to offering highly individualized instruction and educational programs, we help students build essential skills, identify learning tools and develop strategies that work for them. At every step of the way, trained staff assist students 1:1 or in small groups.
Our learning resources include:
Going Beyond: Career Preparation
Beacon’s programs are designed to open worlds of possibility for our students. Our Four-Year Career Development Model is just one way we do that. Throughout their time at Beacon, students identify and build on marketable strengths, acquire valuable workplace skills and explore possibilities in a uniquely structured way. Our Four-Year Career Development Program is:
- Integrated with “regular” academics
- Enjoys a strong post-graduate placement record (employment and graduate study)
- Benefits from established partnerships with industry leaders
Juan & Lisa Jones Center for Career Preparation
The Career Development Center helps Beacon students and alumni prepare for the possibilities by:
- Identifying their personal and professional goals
- Recognizing their strengths and determining how to align them with the working world
- Building essential workplace skills and providing performance feedback
- Boosting confidence and empowering students to pursue their objectives
- Clarifying career paths and options
- Connecting applicants and employers
There’s a Place: Campus and Community
Beacon College offers a safe, supportive environment with just the right amount of structure to help students who learn differently thrive. We have everything you might expect from an accredited four-year college:
At Beacon you will find:
See for Yourself: Visit!
The best way to learn about Beacon is to visit. You’ll gain insights into whether we are a good fit as you:
- Tour the campus
- Engage with current Beacon students and alumni
- Observe class sessions
- Meet admissions and financial aid counselors
Attend one of our open houses and meet other families who are considering Beacon or schedule an individual tour.
Why Wait? Apply Now
You can apply to Beacon College at any time of year. We offer rolling admissions for both the fall and spring semesters.
Worried about cost? Financial Aid is available.