Position Reports Directly to: Director of Fitness & Athletics
Specific Responsibilities: The Women’s Head Basketball Coach shall be responsible for performing the following functions and activities:
- Knowledge of current basketball techniques and strategies, as well as planning and implementing practices, game plans, and player development.
- Ability to motivate student-athletes.
- Skilled in planning and organizing aspects needed to build, implement, and conduct a successful intercollegiate basketball program; including graduating student-athletes and providing opportunities for their personal development.
- Create and foster a positive team culture that emphasizes individual development.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with the Director of Fitness & Athletics.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Positive communication strategies, organizational skills, and safety awareness are key requirements.
- To be successful in this job, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Must have some experience coaching basketball.
- Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills.
- Must possess knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, opponents, staff, parents, and students.
- Employment is contingent on the applicant passing a full background check.
Most, if not all, games will take place on weekends and be played within the state of Florida
- Eight basketball games.
- 3 to 4 practices per week on weeknights and/or weekends through the months of October, November, January, and February.
Note: This position is not a salaried position. It is paid by a stipend.