Position reports to: Director of Health Promotion
Specific Responsibilities: Life Skills Educator / Nurse shall be responsible for performing the following functions and activities:
- Provide guidance on community living strategies and health and safety as it relates to residential living.
- Conduct one-on-one sessions to promote a healthy and safe living environment.
- Work with students on improving self-advocacy, self-awareness, awareness of others, and communication with peers.
- Help students develop skills, habits, and routines to ensure adequate hygiene and cleanliness, adequate sleep patterns, and proper dietary requirements, promoting a fit lifestyle.
- Coach students on the utilization of their strengths and available resources to encourage personal responsibility.
- Document sessions in an accurate, precise, and timely manner.
- Support the development of residents’ roommate relationships and independence.
- Maintain a presence on campus and spend time with residents weekly and monthly programming.
- Complete and maintain current and comprehensive reports and crisis response documentation.
- Work with campus safety and housing to complete wellness checks when necessary.
- Provide instruction regarding health and personal habits.
- Become familiar with all college policies and procedures and comply with all these policies and procedures.
- Assist students with completing necessary Health Services Documents.
- Assist students with setting up necessary appointments with CHC or other facilities.
- Follow-up with students who go to the ER.
- Assist students who have been diagnosed with COVID with meal delivery and basic needs as it relates to them being quarantined.
- Assist with student medication management.
- Assist with creating MAR for students who are on medication management.
- Assist students who need injections.
- Assist in reviewing all new and current students’ medical documents.
- Treat minor injuries such as cuts, scrapes, and bruises.
- Must attend all home basketball games located in Leesburg (Dates are TBD)
- Attend after-hours programming as assigned.
- Foster student development in the following areas: shopping/consumer skills, cooking and food safety, time management and organization, problem-solving and decision-making.
- Attend all meetings called by the President, Provost, Dean of Wellness and Student Development, and Director of Health Promotion.
- Participate in college functions such as orientation, graduation, open house, and community relations as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
Tuesday – Saturday
- LPN or RN Licenses
- Must have experience working with students that have Learning Differences
- Knowledge of basics first aid and CPR
- Effective oral communication
- Effective computer skills
- Must be a team player
- Ability to multi-task and work with various departments
- Must be dependable and willing to be flexible