Position Type: Part-Time
Pay Rate and Length: $12/hr. One Semester/Spring 2024
Reports to: Kathryn Van Gundy
Department Name and Location: Beacon College Library
The library assistant’s position is to assist Beacon College students, staff, and faculty with their library needs. The library assistant will often be the first point of contact for library visitors and will be expected to represent Beacon College in a professional manner while greeting each library visitor and directing them to the appropriate resource or person.
The library assistant will monitor the circulation desk and assist all users with their library needs, including but not limited to: assisting students with computers, printers, copiers, and maintaining library organization. Each interaction while working may bring new questions, library assistants are expected to work independently and to provide excellent customer service to users by answering each question to the best of their ability, or forwarding the question to the appropriate library staff member.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Checking in/out materials at the circulation desk
- Assisting library users with computers, printers, and photocopiers
- Recording hourly patron statistics
- Cleaning/organizing library furnishings and equipment
- Filling printers and staplers
- Assisting with opening and closing procedures
- Shelving books
- Additional tasks assigned as needed
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to work with little supervision
- 2.0 GPA or higher
The employee may be asked to perform duties not listed in the job description but which are considered to be essential to the employment position.