Position Type: Part-time
Pay Rate: $11.00/hr
Reports to: Phillip Deese, Director of Information Technology
Department Name and Location: IT Department in the IT/Security Building
Develop your technology support skills and learn valuable work experience to gain a competitive edge for future internships and employment opportunities.
- Assist with service desk management (help desk) responsibilities.
- Assist with upgrades, installs, tests, and evaluation of hardware and software.
- Support, configure, and maintain printers/printing services.
- Assist with patch installations and hardware/software troubleshooting.
- Help maintain an inventory of Beacon College’s technology assets (hardware/software).
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ability to assist students, staff, and faculty with technology questions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, staff, and faculty – in-person, by phone, and via email.
- Requires a strong work ethic: reliable, prompt, willing to learn, and user-friendly.
- Strong customer service capabilities.
- Strong organization skills.
- Able to work well independently as well as in a team environment.
- Must be able to occasionally lift 25 lbs.
This is not an exhaustive list of possible work activities. As a part of this role, the employee may be asked to perform duties not listed in the job description but which are considered to be essential to the employment position.