Job title: CSS Peer Tutor
Position type: Part-time
Pay rate and length: $11/hr. One Semester – Fall 2023/Spring 2024
Reports to: Rashad Joiner
Department name and location: Center for Student Success
Provide and help to integrate effective learning and study strategies for their assigned students, while at the same time help clarify and/or reinforce course content, assignments and material.
Assist students with course assignments and understanding if needed.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Maintains weekly session hours to communicate in person with students as needed.
- Receives and promptly responds to student inquiries regarding assignments and course material.
- Create and maintain a tutoring schedule convenient to both tutor and tutee.
- Make appropriate student referrals to college offices, departments or professionals, when necessary.
- Demonstrates respect to and cooperation with the course instructor inside and outside of the classroom.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all student information, material, and discussions shared in the tutoring relationship.
- Knowledge of course subject
- Good academic standing
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Must provide two references (Learning Specialist and Professor)
The employee may be asked to perform duties not listed in the job description but which are considered to be essential to the employment position.