After You’re Admitted
Congratulations! You’ve been accepted to Beacon College! Welcome!
- Finalize your enrollment by following our enrollment checklist and using provided links.
- Submit your enrollment deposit. Parents/Guardians: please include the student’s first and last name under the ‘Additional Notes’ tab to facilitate enrollment quickly and accurately.
- Send a nonrefundable check payable to Beacon College ($250.00), along with the Intent to Enroll Form that accompanied your acceptance letter.
Contact us at 855-220-5376 with any questions about the enrollment process.
This enrollment checklist will help keep you on track and ensure a smooth transition to Beacon College.
- Pay the enrollment deposit. This saves your place at Beacon and makes you eligible for scholarships and financial aid. The nonrefundable enrollment deposit is $250. You may pay online or by phone at 855-220-5376.
- Submit FAFSA. For Fall 2020 new students, the 2020-2021 version of the FAFSA is now available (www.FAFSA.ed.gov). This must be completed before the Financial Aid Office can finalize your federal, state, and institutional scholarships and need-based and financial assistance package! Beacon College’s FAFSA code is 033733. Call 352-638-9792 if you have any questions (Please NOTE: Allow 3-5 business days for processing).
- Complete Housing Application. A housing application will be sent to you upon submission of your Intent to Enroll form and non-refundable $250 deposit.
- Submit official and final high school transcripts or official GED results.
- Submit documentation of previous college course credit. If you are currently enrolled in college—or if you have taken AP, CLEP, or IB courses—Beacon needs an official transcript from the school(s) where credit was earned.
- Complete all Medical Forms. Prior to attending classes Beacon College requests a medical action plan, immunization document, and insurance information for newly enrolled students in line with Beacon College Policies and other official guidelines. All medical forms can be faxed to 352-787-0796. Please submit medical forms as soon as possible to avoid delays with moving-in and starting classes. If you have any questions, please contact the Enrollment Office at 855-220-5376 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Health Insurance– All Beacon students are required to have and provide proof of health insurance coverage. To ensure that all students are covered, Beacon offers a Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP). If you are covered on your parent or guardian’s plan OR have individual insurance, you will need to bring your insurance card with you to New Student Orientation. If you are not currently covered by an existing plan, please see Beacon College’s Student Health Insurance Plan details on our Student Health Insurance page. You will be able to register for the Beacon plan at New Student Orientation.
- Finalize financial aid awards. All awards are emailed and mailed to the address you provided on your FAFSA, along with directions on how to “Accept” your award letter. Call 352-638-9792 with questions.
- Pay bill. Before the semester begins, please make sure all your bills are paid. Check with the Business Office (352-638-9728) if you have questions or concerns.
Once the Intent to Enroll and non-refundable deposit ($250) is received, new students are registered in classes and assigned a SONIS account and pin to view their financial aid awards, billing statements, course registration, and a list of required textbooks. Students are also assigned a Beacon email address to be used for College communications. Students are emailed and mailed these details within one week of receipt of their deposit. Once the student is registered in classes, Academic Affairs will send the following items:
- Academic Affairs Welcome Letter
- Class schedule
- Class book list
- Beacon College Contact List
How Else Can I Prepare:
- Enroll in Navigator PREP. Proactively prepare for college through Beacon’s own comprehensive virtual readiness coaching program. Navigator PREP students also get to know future classmates, receive priority housing and class registration, and participate in an early move-in program and welcome ceremony.
- Connect with current and future Beacon students. Connect with other students when you “like” us on Facebook.
- Order your textbooks. Contact the Beacon bookstore at 352-638-9753 to place your order, and your books will be waiting for you when you arrive on campus.
- Plan what to bring to Beacon. Review the list of what to bring and what should be left at home, and contact the Office of Housing and Residence Life at 352-638-9705 with additional questions.
- Attend New Student Orientation. New Student Orientation gives you a glimpse at the many academic and extracurricular opportunities waiting for you at Beacon College.