Congratulations on deciding to apply to Beacon College! We are here to make the application process as easy for you as possible. Please contact the Office of Admissions at any point in your application process if you have any questions or would like assistance. We can be reached by phone at (352) 638-9731 or via email at email@example.com.
You can begin your application by downloading the materials below. Complete and submit them via mail, email, or fax. All forms are in PDF format.
All forms are in PDF format.
- Application for Admission
- Admissions Guidelines
- Documentation Guidelines
- Professional Reference Form
- Transcript Request Form
Applications may be submitted at any time of the year.
The applicant must submit the following items in order to complete her/his admission file:
1. Application & Fee
Submit the completed application form and $50 application fee. The application fee may be paid by check or credit card.
Online credit card payment is accepted via PayPal. To pay online, click on the Pay Now button below. Make your payment and print out your receipt. Include a copy of your receipt with the application packet.
2. Recent Psychoeducational Evaluation
The date of the report should be less than three years from the current date and include:
- Evidence of a specific learning disability, ADHD, or other academic-based challenges and struggles.
- Cognitive assessment conducted by a licensed psychologist, neuropsychologist, school psychologist, or certified school psychologist.
- Candidates must be socially mature and have demonstrated motivation to complete the academic requirements of an accredited college. These qualities are assessed in interviews with professional staff and through psychological evaluations.
3. High School Transcripts/GED
Official high school transcripts indicating a standard high school diploma. A GED is also acceptable. A special high school diploma or a certificate of attendance is not acceptable for admission to Beacon College.
4. College Transcripts
Submit official college transcripts, if applicable.
5. Personal Interview
On campus, telephone, or Skype interviews can be arranged for prospective students.
6. Letters of Recommendation or Completed Professional Reference Forms
Please submit three recommendation letters from a teacher, professor, or guidance counselor who knows you well. You can supply a completed Professional Reference Form to distribute to the educator(s) of your choice.
7. Optional SAT/ACT
Heavy emphasis is not placed on SAT/ACT scores. This information adds to understanding the applicant’s educational profile. Scores are not mandatory.
Applications and related documents are accepted by email, fax, or mail.
If you are applying to Beacon College as a home-schooled student, please see our Guidelines for Admission for Home-Schooled Applicants.
International Student Applicants
Beacon College welcomes international students and appreciates the diversity they bring to campus.
Click here for information about the International Students Program application and guidelines.
Beacon College, Office of Admissions
105 East Main Street
Leesburg, FL 34748
Phone (352) 638-9731
Fax (352) 787-0796