Our summer program aims to give college-bound high school students who learn differently the skills, confidence and preparation to successfully transition from high school. We do so by helping them better understand their learning differences, recognize early stumbling blocks and know what they need to succeed in their first year of college. Our core courses are structured to meaningfully prepare students for college to be more effective and confident learners. Most importantly, rising juniors, seniors, and new graduates get to experience what it’s like to live — and learn — on a college campus.
This year, we are expanding the summer high school programming to include additional opportunities at our live on-campus Summer for Success and also are providing a virtual Summer Boost option for students who would like to begin to develop their skills from home.
Summer for Success
A 3-Week Immersion Experience for Current 10th, 11th and 12th Grade Students Who Learn Differently
This includes tuition, room and board, materials, transportation and weekend off-campus activities.
Application: Apply online
Full Brochure: Read or Download
If college is in your future, don’t miss our focused — and fun! — residential summer program, located just an hour from Orlando, Florida. You’ll learn the basic academic, social and planning skills needed to thrive as a confident and independent college student.
Our courses connect student interests with meaningful preparation for college. Most importantly, students get to experience what it’s like to live — and learn — on a college campus.
Throughout this three-week on-campus immersion experience, students will:
- Get a close-up view of what it’s like to live and learn on a college campus.
- Take classes that will build your learning skills and allow you to explore your interests.
- Develop important strategies and life skills you can immediately begin using in your junior or senior year.
- Let Beacon students show you how to make the most of college support resources — from tutoring to self-advocacy.
- Explore what will be key to your personal success as you begin your college search.
- Relax and experience Florida with students from around the country and the world.
Summer for Success: The Imagination Experience
An Unforgettable Experience Built on the World’s Center of Imagination and Fantasy
Includes all Summer for Success services, plus travel to and admission costs for Disney’s four theme parks.
Application: Apply online
Beacon College is located just an hour from one of world’s greatest centers of imagination and creativity — Orlando, Florida. The city is considered the capital of America’s theme parks, attracting visitors who return year after year for unforgettable experiences that are built around fantasy and imagination.
Theme parks worldwide owe their popularity to the artistic, creative and marketing genius of The Walt Disney Company. This track will explore the history of Disney — focusing both on the four Orlando parks and Disney’s movie productions — and explore how this entertainment giant has touched the lives of generations of people of every age worldwide.
Students will participate in classroom and field experiences from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. each weekday. They will also build their academic skills through activities that include research, writing, reading comprehension, and critical thinking. Students will visit all four Disney theme parks in Orlando, learn about other Disney attractions, hear from exciting guest speakers and participate in behind-the-scenes tours.
- Check out the full Summer for Success 2021 brochure.
- Questions? Email the Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 352-638-9731 or 855-220-5376 (toll-free).
- Already accepted for this summer’s program? Visit our Summer for Success Accepted Students page for important information including enrollment deposit, housing, and medical forms.
To apply to any of our 2021 summer high school programs, please complete the following steps. Applications and related documents are accepted by email, fax, or mail.
- Step 1 – Complete the online application.
- Step 2 – Submit the following documents:
- Official high school transcripts showcasing work completed to date
- Two Letters of Recommendation (Download the Summer for Success Recommendation Form)
- Psychoeducational testing or IEP/504 documents (Optional but encouraged)
- Step 3 – Complete a family interview. After your application documents are received, we will reach out to you to schedule your personal interview.
- Step 4 – After you are accepted to the program, you will be invited to make a course selection. View course options to prepare for your selection.
Note: All applications must be accompanied by a $25 application fee. You can either mail a check with your application or use the Pay button below to pay the fee online.
Submit application documents to:
Beacon College, Transition Center
105 East Main Street
Leesburg, FL 34748
Phone (352) 638-9777
Fax (352) 787-0796