July 10 – 29, 2022
Our summer program helps college-bound high school juniors and seniors and recent graduates who learn differently build the skills, confidence and preparation they need to successfully transition from high school. Students better understand their learning differences, recognize early stumbling blocks and know what they need to succeed in their first year of college.
2022 Program Options
Summer for Success
Our core summer program offers a variety of courses that connect student interests with meaningful preparation for college. Students build their college readiness skills through fun, focused classes, structured trips and activities, and real experience on a college campus. Check out this year’s courses >
The Imagination Experience
This track takes advantage of our location in Central Florida to explore the history of Disney and its impact on our culture and economy, focusing both on the four Orlando theme parks and Disney’s movie productions. Students build their academic skills through Disney-themed research, writing, reading comprehension, and critical thinking.
This expanded “Imagination” program looks at Disney and much more – exploring the culture of escapism through not only theme parks, but attractions of all sizes. Students learn to think more critically and abstractly about the world of tourism, hospitality, and sociology through excursions, behind-the-scenes tours, and thematic guest speakers.
I’m Ready to Apply!
To apply to any of our 2022 summer high school programs, please complete the following steps. Applications and related documents are accepted by email, fax, or mail.
- Step 1 – Click here to complete the online application.
- Step 2 – Submit the following documents:
- Official high school transcripts showcasing work completed to date
- Two Letters of Recommendation (Download the Summer for Success Recommendation Form)
- Psychoeducational testing or IEP/504 documents (Optional but encouraged)
- Step 3 – Complete a family interview. After your application documents are received, we will reach out to you to schedule your personal interview.
- Step 4 – After you are accepted to the program, you will be invited to make a course selection. View course options to prepare for your selection.
Note: All applications must be accompanied by a $25 application fee. You can either mail a check with your application or use the Pay button below to pay the fee online.
Submit application documents to:
Beacon College, Transition Center
105 East Main Street
Leesburg, FL 34748
Phone (352) 638-9777
Fax (352) 787-0796
Already accepted for this summer’s program? Visit our Summer for Success Accepted Students page for important information including enrollment deposit, course selection, housing, and medical forms.