Beacon College is reimagining summer for students who learn differently.
Summer For Success – Virtually!
To ensure the safety and good health of participating students, faculty and staff in light of the challenges of COVID-19, we regretfully are canceling plans for our on-campus 2020 summer experience.
But Beacon’s Summer for Success — Virtually offers you and your college-bound rising high school junior or senior an all-new approach that recognizes the unique learning needs of neurodiverse students in a digital environment. It will feature the same expert staff and faculty as our on-campus program and build on our two years of national leadership in online college transition support.
Summer for Success — Virtually is unlike any other summer program available to students who learn
differently. Our goal is to provide a comprehensive and collaborative learning opportunity where students and families are supported with structured programming that enhances college readiness skills, even during the age of coronavirus. It will also help prepare students for the new realities of college and the college search during COVID-19.
Our program is designed to:
- Develop independent living skills
- Promote and support student mental health during this time of stress
- Offer rich opportunities for social engagement in a digital space
Cost of Attendance
The cost for Summer for Success — Virtually is $2,250 for three consecutive weeks of classes, one-to-one sessions, extracurricular experiences and more.
NOTE: Scholarships awarded to students who have already applied to the on-campus Summer for Success — Virtually will be honored at an amount proportionate to the original cost of attendance.
To help students and families proactively prepare for Summer for Success — Virtually, Beacon College will host four pre-program webinars that address critical issues related to online learning. Each webinar will begin at 5 p.m. (EST)
Tuesday, June 9: Shifting to a Virtual Summer Program: Expectations, Programming, and Changes
Tuesday, June 16: The College Transition Process During COVID
Tuesday, June 23: Understanding Student Expectations: How Best to Engage in the Program
Tuesday, June 30: Troubleshooting a Virtual Program
July 12 Virtual Orientation
Our online orientation will provide essential information for students and parents participating in
Summer for Success — Virtually and will include:
- Welcoming Remarks by Beacon President George Hagerty, PhD
- Program Overview
- Introduction to our Classes & Instructors
- Organizational Best Practices to Promote Remote Learning
The program runs every Monday through Friday, 12 noon to 8 p.m. (EST) using 45-minute blocks.
12:00 – 12:15 pm Community Meeting
12:30 – 1:15 pm Class #1 (choose one)
- Writing Strategies for College
- Animals In The Spotlight
- History on Stage
1:30 – 2:15 pm Class #2 (choose one)
- Technology Skills & Application
- College Readiness 101
- Disney History & Fanfare
2:30 – 3:15 pm Class #3 (choose one)
- College Planning During COVID
- Math Strategies for College
- The Science & Study of Human Behavior
3:45 – 4:30 pm Independent Living Skills
4:30 – 6:00 p.m. Break
6:00 – 8:00 pm Evening Social Clubs & All-Program Events
Download the following application documents, complete them, and return as indicated on the application.
- Summer for Success — Virtually Application – Apply online
- Summer for Success — Virtually Application Checklist
- Intent to Enroll Summer for Success – Virtually 2020
- Summer for Success Recommendation Form
- Summer for Success — Virtually Scholarship Application 2020
- Sign up for Summer for Success — Virtually courses.
Note: All applications must be accompanied by a $25 application fee. You can either mail a check with your application or use the Pay button below to pay the fee online.