July 9 – 28, 2023
At Beacon College, we believe that education should be life-changing — and summer learning is no exception! Our summer programs are about self-discovery, skills development and confidence building. We promise students a great time as they learn to become better learners while forging new friendships with fellow students from across the country. Most importantly, all of our summer program students get to experience what it’s like to live — and learn — on a college campus.
Our summer program helps college-bound high school juniors and seniors and recent graduates who learn differently build the skills, confidence and preparation they need to successfully transition from high school. Students better understand their learning differences, recognize early stumbling blocks and know what they need to succeed in their first year of college.
2023 Program Options
This track of our summer program offers a variety of courses that connect student interests with meaningful preparation for college. Students build their skills through fun, hands-on classes, structured trips and activities, and real experience on a college campus. Each student chooses three courses, ranging from anthrozoology to videography and much more. View this year’s courses and plan your schedule >
The Imagination track takes advantage of our location in Central Florida to explore the history of Disney and its impact on our culture and economy, focusing both on the four Orlando theme parks and Disney’s movie productions. Students build their academic skills through Disney-themed research, writing, reading comprehension, and critical thinking. Students in this track visit each of the four Disney parks in Orlando.
This track dives into the culture of escapism through not only theme parks, but attractions of all sizes! Students learn to think more critically and abstractly about the world of tourism, hospitality, and sociology through excursions, behind-the-scenes tours, and thematic guest speakers. Excursions include theme parks, dinner shows, themed restaurants, and more.
"*" indicates required fields
I’m Ready to Apply!
To apply to any of our 2023 summer high school programs, please complete the following steps. Applications and related documents are accepted by email, fax, or mail.
- Step 1 – Click here to complete the online application.
- Step 2 – Your online application will request the following documents, or you can send them to us directly at the contact information below.
- Official high school transcripts showcasing work completed to date
- Two Letters of Recommendation (Download the Summer for Success Recommendation Form)
- Psychoeducational testing or IEP/504 documents (Optional but encouraged)
- Step 3 – Complete a family interview. After your application documents are received, we will reach out to you to schedule your personal interview.
- Step 4 – After you are accepted to the program, you will be invited to make a course selection. View course options to prepare for your selection.
Submit application documents to:
Beacon College, Summer for Success
105 East Main Street
Leesburg, FL 34748
Phone (352) 913-4104
Fax (352) 787-0796