Wellness embraces many aspects – physical, mental and emotional. To have abundant lives, people have to be ready in every way to take on the challenges that call to them, to engage with the people they care about and to do good and fulfilling work. College students are at a critical juncture where they first become responsible for caring for themselves. Beacon students are empowered to delve into their needs, to respect them and to find the means to meet them.
Take good care of yourself.
- Health is not simply the absence of sickness.
- …happiness gives us the energy which is the basis of health.
- Keeping your body healthy is an expression of gratitude to the whole cosmos – the trees, the clouds, everything.
- My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.
- It is time for parents to teach young people early on that in diversity there is beauty and there is strength.
- One isn’t necessarily born with courage, but one is born with potential. Without courage, we cannot practice any other virtue with consistency. We can’t be kind, true, merciful, generous, or honest.
- My life is my message.