In a high tech world, it is often easy to lose sight of the critical importance of other people to building full and fulfilling lives. We are all part larger communities, with family, friends and colleagues. At Beacon, we guide our students to create the healthy moorings of key relationships. This can be especially important for our particular student audience as their learning differences may have set them apart in some ways and prevented them from being well socialized.
Build a secure and enduring foundation.
- Without friends no one would choose to live, though he had all other goods.
- There was a definite process by which one made people into friends, and it involved talking to them and listening to them for hours at a time.
- Friendship makes prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it.
- The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it.
- I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.
- My friends are my estate.
- Shared laughter creates a bond of friendships. When people laugh together, they cease to be young and old, teacher and pupils, worker and boss. They become a single group of human beings.
- Nothing’s better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you.
- When we seek for connection, we restore the world to wholeness. Our seemingly separate lives become meaningful as we discover how truly necessary we are to each other.