Become part of a community dedicated to students with learning differences.
Beacon College is an equal access/equal opportunity institution committed to affirmative action and advocates a drug-free environment. Beacon College seeks qualified and diverse candidates with multicultural experience including members of protected class groups. Beacon College is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Office of Human Resources
Beacon College is dedicated to attracting talented, high caliber staff and supporting all employees in their professional development. Positions currently open are listed below:
Positions at Beacon College
Program Manager For Technology Transformation
Beacon College is seeking a highly qualified Program Manager to oversee all facets of a comprehensive, multi-year program for technology renewal and replacement across the enterprise. Reporting to the Vice President for Administration and Chief Financial Officer, the Program Manager for Technology Transformation is responsible and accountable for facilitating planning and communication of program objectives and activities to stakeholders at all levels across the college, while overseeing the execution and ensuring successful outcomes for this strategic IT organizational transformation initiative. The successful candidate for this mission critical role will have a demonstrated track record of consistently driving successful results across numerous complex and specialized projects. Additionally, the role requires a proven team leader who possesses the organizational management skills necessary to achieve results through others by leveraging relationships and participatory processes rather than relying on role authority.
- Manages highly complex strategic organization transformation initiatives.
- Facilitates planning, communication and execution of strategic and transformation initiatives in collaboration with Beacon’s senior leadership team, department directors and managers.
- Works closely with external consulting resources as well as IT managers and staff to translate strategic priorities into outcome driven projects and action plans.
- Under the direction of the Vice President for Finance and Administration/CFO, develops financial models and oversees program budgets.
- Develops and maintains productive working relationships with sponsors, managers, vendors and team members at all levels.
- Initiates project planning, advises management of key planning issues and makes recommendations on important decisions and risks involved in project implementation.
- Develops project plans and appropriate timelines, incorporating key milestones to ensure timely project completion. Includes all phases from budget authorization, site/solution design and engineering surveys, award of contract, to project close-out.
- Coordinates and assists in processing all documents needed from project initiation to successful completion:
- RFP issuance / contract execution / requisitions / permit applications, etc.
- Develops and maintains detailed project/program management plans and schedules.
- Sets direction and provides leadership to assigned programs.
- Develops and maintains risk plans, processes and systems in order to mitigate such risk.
- Facilitates planning workshops using appropriate group participation processes.
- Leads project steering committee meetings with senior leaders.
- Coaches and/or mentors less experienced team members and program participants.
- Tracks project progress according to budget, obtains authorizations for contractor payments and tracks against purchase orders issued.
- Coordinates weekly project team meetings. Also coordinates with in-house personnel and departments, as well as third parties, to schedule work, coordinate service interruptions, go-live and integrations, and contractor access.
- Effectively communicates project impacts and works collaboratively with Beacon leadership and staff in order to mitigate impacts to ongoing business and academic activities.
- Conducts regular site visits (as appropriate) and tracks project progress in order to ensure compliance with project performance goals, including quantitative cost and schedule targets, and achievement of quality, and risk mitigation standards.
- Communicates regularly with departments to ensure end-user satisfaction and coordinates appropriate end-user training.
- Coordinates close out process / Ensures all sign-offs and permits are in place / Obtains and retains all close-out documentation.
- Develops, Administers, and maintains a centralized project/program records inventory, including all hard copies and all digital files of project plans, implementation documents, permits, manuals, warranties, design standards, and policies & procedures.
- In collaboration with the Beacon College purchasing authority, performs vendor vetting and maintains roster of approved contractors and service providers. Performs regular performance evaluation of contractors and service providers.
- Prepares and distributes project status reports for weekly program review meetings with Beacon’s senior leadership.
- Other projects or duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience facilitating strategic planning activities and leading Information Technology strategic transformation initiatives
- Project Management Professional (PMP) + Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) certifications from the Project Management Institute
- 5+ years of experience leading projects and programs of increasing complexity and strategic impact
Proficiency in the use of industry leading Project Management software tools (i.e., Trello, Jira, MS-Project, Zoho, Basecamp
- Facile in the use of Google Apps, Word & Excel, and other productivity suites
- High level of organizational, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot, problem solve, & remain calm in high-pressure situations.
- Proven ability to work effectively and independently within time constraints and changing priorities, and on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Master Project Manager (MPM) Certification
- Master’s Degree
About Beacon College
Founded in 1989, Beacon College was the first college in the country accredited to award bachelor degrees exclusively to students with learning disabilities, ADHD and other learning differences. The group of parents who conceived of Beacon College did so knowing that given the right environment, support, and tools, all students can succeed.
The College is committed to student success, offering academic and personal support services that help each student achieve his or her goals. Set in the hometown environment of Leesburg, Florida, amidst beautiful lakes and close to area attractions, students are able to experience community living within easy reach of the resources they need to flourish academically, professionally, and socially.