Become part of a community dedicated to students with learning differences.
Beacon College is an equal access/equal opportunity institution committed to affirmative action and advocates a drug-free environment. Beacon College seeks qualified and diverse candidates with multicultural experience including members of protected class groups. Beacon College is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Office of Human Resources
Beacon College is dedicated to attracting talented, high caliber staff and supporting all employees in their professional development. Positions currently open are listed below:
Positions at Beacon College
Administrative Assistant – Student Engagement & Success
An opportunity is available for a self-motivated, hard-working individual to provide administrative support to the Associate Vice President of Student Engagement and Success. Applicants should be resourceful, collaborative, adaptable and able to think on their feet. This position will interact with faculty, staff, and administration and should have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Handling office tasks, such as filing, generating reports and presentations, setting up for meetings, and reordering supplies.
- Providing real-time scheduling support by booking appointments
- Screening phone calls and routing callers to the appropriate party.
- Using computers to generate reports, transcribe minutes from meetings, and create presentations.
- Maintain polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
- Anticipate the needs of others, this will include the students and staff of the college as well, to ensure their seamless and positive experience.
Administrative Assistant Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Prior administrative experience.
- Excellent computer skills including: Adobe Pro, Word, Excel, Power Point, and Microsoft Office. Applicant should have the skills to reformat/redesign documents to provide visual aids for presentations and forms.
- Attention to detail.
- Problem solving skills to deal with the day to day challenges of the position.
Benefits Available: Health, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, professional development, and a 403b.
Beacon College was the first undergraduate institution in the United States accredited to award bachelor degrees exclusively to students with learning disabilities and/or ADHD. We are committed to student success, offering academic and personal support services that help each student achieve his/her life goals. Beacon College is a growing community that is welcoming, accepting, and supportive of each community member. Set in the historic downtown of Leesburg, Florida, amidst beautiful lakes, Beacon College is close to Orlando and within an easy drive of many other points of interest in Florida. The General Education Division is currently recruiting for a faculty member to teach English courses. We seek a dedicated hands-on instructor who is willing to work one-on-one and in group classroom settings.
Application: Candidates should apply with a cover letter, CV, examples of work in Microsoft Word, and contact information for three references to: the Director of Human Resources and Risk Management E-mail submissions are preferred and can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Safety
Start Date: Immediate
Qualifications: The Student Affairs department seeks an experienced director who possesses leadership abilities to direct and manage the Campus Safety Department. Master degree in Criminal Justice preferred. Candidate must have the ability to motivate safety officers while maintaining a safe campus environment. Ideal candidate will have prior experience in security or law enforcement with preference to those with experience in a higher education environment. Candidates must also have their Florida Class D security license, be current in CPR/AED and first aid certificates and have a valid driver’s license. High patience level required. Experience working with students with learning disabilities and ADHD preferred.
Responsibilities: Comprehensive management and oversight of the Campus Safety Department. Maintaining high visibility on campus and interacting with all members of the college community in support of safety and security. Responding to all alarms, disasters, emergencies, and evacuation plans. Investigating violations of campus regulations, and local, state and federal statutes. Maintaining log of crime statistics and preparing Clery Act, SACSCOC, and Physical Plan Safety reports.
Application: Please send a letter of application, curriculum vitae, and three professional references.