Please use the form below to submit your proposal for an upcoming slot in our speaker series.
Beacon College — a private, nonprofit liberal arts college, proudly serving students with learning disabilities, ADHD, dyslexia, and other learning differences — invites historians, adventurers, visual and performing artists, writers, statesmen, and others to educate, engage, and edify the Central Florida community during our annual Speaker Series.
Speaker Series events are staged monthly from August – May, generally at 7 p.m. Programs generally are held at the Beacon College Student Center in downtown Leesburg, Fla., and occasionally at an off-campus venue. The Beacon Salon Speaker Series is free and open to the public. Each event typically draws upwards of 100 guests.
The Beacon Salon Speaker Series aims to support the college’s core mission and community duty as an educational and cultural institution, whose purpose is to educate our students and edify the community in which we live, work, and serve.
- Beacon Salon Speaker Series events are scheduled for 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. We encourage speakers to prepare a program of at least 60-minutes and reserve at least 30 minutes for audience questions at the end of the presentation.
- If you have multiple program topics for which you wish to be considered, you must submit a separate proposal for each topic.
- We ask that presenters arrive at the Student Center or other venue no later than 6:30 on the evening of their event, unless prior arrangements are made with director of communications.
- Presentations are required only to be engaging, educational, and edifying. That allows for myriad possible topics, including but not limited to such broad areas as:
- Famous and infamous people
- Geek culture
- Living history demonstrations
- Military history
- Native American history and culture
- Natural disaster
- Natural history
- Pop culture
- Historical politics
- Science and technology
- Social history
- Travel (historical and contemporary)
- Visuals and technology are encouraged in presentations when applicable, and useful in engaging the audience and clarifying understanding.
- Presentations dates will be coordinated and synced by the director of communications upon review of all proposals once an invitation to speak is extended.
- Book sales must be prearranged through the director of communications.
- Handouts and other supplementary materials are the responsibility of the presenter.
Salon Series Submission Form
To be considered for the Beacon College Salon Series, please complete the following form and send it to us.