The Beacon Salon Speaker Series is an educational outreach program of Beacon College, a private, nonprofit liberal arts college, proudly serving neurodivergent students with learning disabilities, ADHD, dyslexia, and other learning differences.
The Salon Speaker Series team invites historians, adventurers, visual and performing artists, writers, statesmen, poets, and others to educate, engage, and edify the Central Florida community. The Series is not looking for self-help or motivational speakers.
These are PAID appearances. Travel, lodging, and meals (where applicable) also are defrayed.
The Beacon Salon Speaker Series events are free and open to the public. And free, boxed heavy appetizers are served. Events typically draw 200-plus guests.
The Beacon Salon Speaker Series aims to support the college’s core mission and obligation as an institution of higher learning to educate our students and edify the community in which we live, work, and serve.
- Beacon Salon Speaker Series events are scheduled for 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. We encourage speakers to prepare a program of at least 60-minutes and reserve at least 15-20 minutes for audience questions at the end of the presentation.
- If you have multiple program topics for which you wish to be considered, you must submit a separate proposal for each topic.
- We ask that presenters arrive at the venue no later than 6:30 on the evening of their event, unless prior arrangements are made with director of communications.
- Presentations are required only to be engaging, educational, and edifying. That allows for myriad possible topics, including but not limited to such broad areas as:
- Famous and infamous people
- Geek culture
- Living history demonstrations
- Military history
- Native American history and culture
- Natural disaster
- Natural history
- Pop culture
- Historical politics
- Science and technology
- Social history
- Travel (historical and contemporary)
- Visuals (PowerPoints) and technology are encouraged in presentations when applicable, and useful in engaging the audience and clarifying understanding.
- Presentations dates will be coordinated and synced by the Beacon Salon team upon review of all proposals once an invitation to speak is extended.
- Book sales must be prearranged through the Beacon Salon team.
- Handouts and other supplementary materials are the responsibility of the presenter.
Salon Series Submission Form
To be considered for the Beacon College Salon Series, please complete the following form and send it to the Beacon Salon team.