Position Type: Part-time
Pay Rate and Length: $12/hr.
Reports to: Katelyn Reinke
Department Name and Location: Division of Student Affairs, RAP and PAR Hall
Those hired in this position will serve as on-site monitor of visitors to residence halls in the evening hours adding to the safety and security of housing facilities.
This position will help facilitate visitor check-in/out to residence halls, acquire support in responding to maintenance and emergency situations, and facilitate equipment check-out.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Greet patrons and provide presence and visibility while in the residence halls
- Report any issues with equipment, facilities, and patrons to a professional staff member
- Track visitors in the residence halls
- Contact Campus Safety or the Resident Director on call, if support is needed
- Facilitate reasonable needs of patrons, as necessary
- Have a passion for customer service
- Possess the ability to follow directions with minimal supervision and direction
- Have strong communication and conflict resolution skills
- A willingness to improve skills and learn from the experience
- A willingness to work with anyone, including peers, faculty and staff, and visitors
The employee may be asked to perform duties not listed in the job description but which are considered to be essential to the employment position.