Position Type: Part-time
Pay Rate and Length: $12/hr. One Semester/Spring 2024
Reports to: Kyle Close
Department Name and Location: Fitness and Athletics
The recreation assistant will support the assistant director of intramurals and recreation during evening sport activities.
Facilitate the evening sport activities to foster a positive environment of playing together.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Help promote a healthy and active lifestyle as well as good sportsmanship to students
- Promote fair play among students and participants
- Have clear understanding of the rules and mechanics in each sport
- Maintain a high level of integrity with anything relating to Fitness and Recreation Department
- Be able to handle an emergency medical situation and notify the professional staff in a timely manner
- Report any issues with equipment, facilities, or participants to the professional staff
- Must be able to lift at least 40 pounds
- Have a passion for fitness, healthy living and sports
- The ability to follow directions with minimal supervision and direction
- Have strong communication and conflict resolution skills
- A willingness to improve skills and learn from the experience
- A willingness to work with anyone, especially your co-worker
The employee may be asked to perform duties not listed in the job description but which are considered to be essential to the employment position.