Position Type: Part-time
Pay Rate and Length: $11/hr. – One semester – spring 2023
Reports to: Dr. AJ Marsden
Department Name and Location: Human Services and Psychology
Teaching assistants enhance the learning experience of students by complementing the activities of the course instructor. TAs receive training under the mentorship and supervision of the Rashad Joiner.
TAs are expected to attend all classes and be present during scheduled office hours. TAs are expected to be adequately prepared for class and office hours. During class, TAs are expected to take attendance, attend to students during group work and activities, answer student questions when appropriate, and help to minimize classroom distractions. On occasion, TAs are also encouraged to teach classes, under the supervision of the professor.
Responsibilities and Duties:
TA duties include the following:
- attend every class,
- take attendance,
- facilitate a discussion section or tutorial,
- hold weekly office hours,
- offer help with projects,
- keep records,
- distribute and copy reading materials,
- prepare answer keys or supplementary notes, and
- add information and/or announcements to Canvas.
- Work attendance and preparation
- TAs are expected to attend every class and hold weekly office hours.
- Knowledge and oral/written communication skills to discuss topics and document student progress.
- Ability to work independently and help students who come to them for assistance.
- Ability to help others understand the course material.
- Strong organization and interpersonal skills.
The employee may be asked to perform duties not listed in the job description but which are considered to be essential to the employment position.