Job Title: Peer Tutor – Studio Arts
Position Type: Part-time
Pay Rate and Length: $12/hr. One Semester – Fall 2023/Spring 2024
Reports to: Kim Watters
Department Name and Location: Studio Arts, Mason Art Center
Peer tutors/TAs assist students in becoming a more successful and independent learner. Peer tutors provide and help to integrate effective learning and study strategies for their assigned students, while at the same time helping to clarify and/or reinforce course content, assignments and material.
Hold open studio hours to assist students with creative projects and to ensure the classrooms are clean and organized.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Attends classroom sessions and records notes from in-class lectures. For web-based or hybrid classes, this includes being responsible to be aware of online content and interaction.
- Maintains weekly office hours to communicate in person with students as needed.
- Receives and promptly responds to student inquiries regarding assignments and course material.
- Create and maintain a tutoring schedule convenient to both tutor and tutee.
- Make appropriate student referrals to college offices, departments or professionals, when necessary.
- Demonstrates respect to and cooperation with the course instructor inside and outside of the classroom.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all student information, material, and discussions shared in the tutoring relationship.
- Performs other duties as assigned by course instructor.
- Must have taken and successfully completed Art 1000 Fundamentals of 2D & Color and Art 1500 3D Fundamentals.
The employee may be asked to perform duties not listed in the job description but which are considered to be essential to the employment position.