Position Type: Part-time
Pay Rate and Length: $12/hr. One Semester/Spring 2024
Reports to: Kyle Close
Department Name and Location: Fitness and Athletics
The media assistant will be taking photos for the department and assist in developing graphics for social media highlighting fitness, intramural, and recreational programming.
This position will not have set hours as demands are needed for irregularly scheduled events.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Creation of flyers for all of fitness, intramurals, and recreation programming
- Assist in the use of social media platforms, providing graphics for events
- Being able to include all of the necessary details about announced programming in graphics
- Have a clear understanding of the purpose of each event being promoted
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office software, particularly Publisher
- Maintain a high level of integrity with anything relating to Fitness and Athletic Department
- Report any issues with equipment, facilities, or participants to the professional staff
- Must be able to lift at least 40 pounds
- Have a passion for fitness, healthy living, sports and/or gaming
- The ability to follow directions with minimal supervision and direction
- Have strong communication and conflict resolution skills
- A willingness to improve skills and learn from the experience
- A willingness to work with anyone, especially your co-worker
- Web and digital media major preferred; full-time student required
The employee may be asked to perform duties not listed in the job description but which are considered to be essential to the employment position.