Position Type: Part Time
Pay Rate and Length: $10/hr. – One Semester
Reports to: Dustin Boise
Department Name and Location: Studio Arts, Mason Art Center
Position Overview: Assist Gallery Director with day to day operations.
Primary Functions: Assist director with installation and preparation of artwork for exhibition.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist gallery manager in digital documentation of exhibition
- Archiving all past exhibitions
- Assist manager of installation and preparatory work for each exhibition as well as dismantling
- Assist in all aspects of proper paperwork submission and internal publicity
- Job will also include painting/preparing gallery walls and display bases as well as constructing new displays
- Painting and sometimes heavy lifting will be needed
- Staff the gallery for special events and weekends
- Maintain and track visitor information/updating mailing list
- Assist with the mailings and distribution of promotional materials
- Knowledge of social media platforms for documenting and promoting exhibitions
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
Requirements: Studio Arts or Web and Dgital Media majors
The employee may be asked to perform duties not listed in the job description but which are considered to be essential to the employment position.