Reports to: Vice President for Advancement and Strategy
For more than 30 years, Beacon College has made a profound difference in the lives of neurodiverse students who have learning and developmental challenges and disabilities such as ADHD, dyslexia, and autism. Beacon is seeking a motivated, creative, and energetic professional to serve as its Director of Annual Giving, working with the Vice President for Advancement and Strategy and the Director of Development, in fulfilling the development-related responsibilities of the college.
The Director of Annual Giving is charged with overseeing, designing and implementing strategies to sustain and strengthen the Annual Fund at Beacon College. Under the supervision of the Vice President for Advancement and Strategy, the Director of Annual Giving assumes primary responsibility for preparing a detailed fiscal year solicitation plan to meet annual fund fundraising goals and increase financial support to the college.
Beacon is currently in the early public stages of The Beacon Promise, a $12M capital campaign. The Director of Annual Giving will work in concert with our campaign efforts to ensure complimentary goal setting and the development and fulfillment of appropriate segmentation strategies for all donor prospects and constituencies.
The Director will be responsible for developing and managing a portfolio of leadership-level annual giving prospects to help grow the major gift pipeline.
- Plan and implement annual giving solicitations for college constituencies to maximize giving and participation rates to reach annual goals.
- Carry a portfolio of leadership-level annual fund prospects. Engage them through discovery calls and through personal visits. Bridge the gap within the division between annual gifts and major gifts.
- Work closely with the Vice President of Advancement and Strategy on prospect research in discovering new donors to target and engage for annual giving-level gifts.
- Work closely with the Director of Development on executing the stewardship program for annual gifts. Demonstrate to donors the impact of their gift to improve retention and recruitment. Track and report progress.
- Collaborate with the Associate Vice President of Communications and Engagement and the Digital Communications Manager on creating and designing annual giving collateral, direct mail, e-mails and text communications.
- Support the conduct and support of major events such as Parents Weekend and Alumni Weekend.
- Serves as liaison between Alumni and their engagement and giving to Beacon College.
- Perform other duties as necessary to assist the Vice President of Advancement and Strategy in support of department and college-wide priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field relevant to area of specialization
- Two (2) years of related experience
- Demonstrated success in fundraising, sales, marketing and/or public relations
- Excellent written, interpersonal and oral communication skills, strong organization and time management skills, and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work with others to achieve a common goal
- Demonstrated ability to motivate donors and volunteers
- Familiarity with MS Office suite – previous use of DonorPerfect is a plus, but not a requirement
- Weekend and evening hours will be required.