Position Type: Part-time
Pay Rate and Length: $11/hr. – One semester
Position Reports to: Rashad Joiner
Department Name & Location: Center for Student Success
Provide and help to integrate effective learning and study strategies for their assigned students, while at the same time helping to clarify and/or reinforce course content, assignments and material.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintains weekly session hours to communicate in-person with students as needed.
- Receives and promptly responds to student inquiries regarding assignments and course material.
- Create and maintain a tutoring schedule convenient to both tutor and tutee.
- Make appropriate student referrals to college offices, departments or professionals, when necessary.
- Demonstrates respect to and cooperation with the course instructor inside and outside of the classroom.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all student information, material, and discussions shared in the tutoring relationship.
- Performs other duties as assigned by course instructor.
- Knowledge of course subject
- Good academic standing
The employee may be asked to perform duties not listed in the job description but which are considered to be essential to the employment position.