Job title: CSS Office Assistant
Position type: Part-time
Pay rate and length: $11/hr. One Semester – Fall 2023/Spring 2024
Reports to: Rashad Joiner
Department name and location: Center for Student Success
The Office Assistant performs a wide variety of tasks in their daily work. This usually includes standard clerical duties such as answering incoming phone calls, managing student sign-in and sign-out and filing.
- Operate within the guidelines and boundaries of confidentiality and FERPA compliance.
- Handling a multi-line phone system.
- Assisting staff and students with tasks and information.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Making sure Students sign-in and sign-out
- Answer phones and greet visitors
- Prepare communications, such as memos, flyers, etc.
- Write and edit documents from caseloads and schedules
- Student management
- Other tasks as assigned
- Communication and phones
- Must have good organization
- Must have computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, etc.)
- Must be professional and courteous to students, faculty, and learning specialists.
- Adept at working independently, as well as working with others in a team environment.
- Maintain good academic and social standing at Beacon College
The employee may be asked to perform duties not listed in the job description but which are considered to be essential to the employment position.