Position Reports to: Director of Campus Safety
Position Summary: To provide direct training, supervision and evaluation of safety officers while protecting life and property and maintaining a safe and secure environment for Beacon College students, faculty, staff and visitors.
Specific Responsibilities: The Patrol Operations Supervisor shall be responsible for routinely performing all functions in the safety officer job description in addition to:
- Schedule Patrol Staff
- Supervisor, train and evaluate staff
- Review all Incident Reports, Daily Activity Reports (DAR), Work Orders, etc.
- Update, maintain and troubleshoot technology-based security systems
- Develops, plans, schedules and supervises safety needs for campus events and activities.
Additional Duties: In addition to routine duties the Campus Safety Patrol Operations Manager will be responsible for:
- Conducting Investigations as needed including access control records and camera footage.
- Participate in all professional development activities, and other meetings as assigned.
- Serving on College committees as needed;
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice or related field
- Proven Skill in working with Technology Based Security Systems
- Maintaining Florida Class D security license;
- Having current CPR/AED and first aid certification;
- Maintaining a valid Florida driver’s license;
- Previous experience in Public Safety field required;
- Previous Experience in Higher Education preferred.
- Experience working with Students with learning disabilities is preferred.