Position Reports to: Director of Campus Security
Position Summary: To protect life and property while maintaining a safe and secure environment for Beacon College students, faculty, staff and visitors.
Specific Responsibilities: The Campus Safety Officer shall be responsible for routinely performing the following functions and activities:
- Patrolling campus to prevent crime and preserving peace;
- Escorting students from night classes back to apartments;
- Assisting Student Affairs and all College personnel as requested;
- Partnering with Leesburg Fire Department and Leesburg Police Department
- Maintaining a strong customer service orientation with campus community
Additional Duties: In addition to routine duties the Campus Safety Officer will be responsible for:
- Completing assigned training and attending all professional development activities, and other meetings as assigned
- Participating in College functions such as orientation, graduation, open houses, fundraising, and community relations as needed;
- Serving on College committees as needed;
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Maintaining Florida Class D security license;
- Having current CPR/AED and first aid certification;
- Maintaining a valid Florida driver’s license;
- Previous experience in Public Safety field preferred
- Previous Experience in Higher Education ideal.