Full-time 12-Month Position
Director of Transportation
The Bus Driver is responsible for providing safe and dependable transportation for the Beacon College community.
The following duties are customary for this position; however, this may not to be construed as all-inclusive. Duties may be assigned, added or removed per management discretion and institutional needs.
- Drive for the college established shuttle routes to various locations in Leesburg and surrounding areas as needed;
- Serving as a driver for Beacon College’s clubs and organizations for local outings as needed;
- Providing transportation in support of the Center for Career Development for student internships;
- Providing transportation in support of Academic field trips;
- Assisting Student Affairs and all College personnel as requested;
- Enforcing the College’s Student Code of Conduct and reporting violations in writing;
- Conducting pre- and post-trip safety vehicle inspections;
- Logging shuttle trips, mileage, and Code of Conduct violations;
- Providing medical transportation and inclement weather transportation as needed;
- Maintaining a strong customer service orientation with students, parents, staff and faculty;
- Beacon College busses are drug and tobacco free;
- Become familiar with all college policies and procedures, and comply with these policies and procedures.
- High school diploma required;
- Possess a valid Florida class “A” or “B” driver’s license with a “P” endorsement;
- Possess current medical certificate;
- Must be able to operate all Beacon vehicles, wheel chair lifts and able to properly secure wheel chair recipients;
- Must be able to balance oneself, climb up steps, strongly grip objects, stoop, bend, push, pull and lift up to 50 lbs.;
- Be physically capable of assisting persons with special needs;
- Be able to safely operate a vehicle in inclement weather conditions;
- Pre-employment drug screen, MVR and background check;
- Able to work flexible hours and weekends as needed;
- Maintain a strong customer service orientation with students, parents, faculty and staff;
- Assist Student Affairs and all College personnel as requested;
- Attend all professional development and driver training as required;
- Become familiar with all College policies and procedures, and complying with these policies and procedures;
- All other duties as assigned.