The Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund II (HEERF II) was authorized by the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2021 (CRRSAA), Public Law 116-260, signed into law on December 27, 2020.
Students may submit applications by downloading the Student Emergency Grants Application at any time. See Application and Process for details.
CRSSAA provides emergency funds distributed directly to eligible students to be used for “expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus.” This may include unexpected expenses like food, housing, course materials, technology, health care, transportation and moving/storage needs. Beacon College asks students to submit this short form explaining how they have been financially impacted by the pandemic, and what their corresponding associated costs are.
As we anticipate the emergency grants process to be competitive, we strongly encourage students to submit this form as soon as possible. While we will review all applications received, awarded amounts may vary based on unique student circumstances, student/family need, and while funds remain available. We cannot guarantee all applicants will receive an emergency grant nor the amount awarded. Applications and requests will continue to be accepted and reviewed by Committee until funds are depleted. Students will be notified of award eligibility and amounts no later than 30-days of receipt of the application (most are anticipated within 1-2 weeks) and check payments will be mailed on a weekly basis.
Related COVID-19 emergencies may include (but are not limited to):
- Unexpected housing and food costs associated with the closure of campus housing and dining hall,
- Technology and course materials/supplies with moving in-person courses to a 100% remote option,
- Health-care related expenses as related to the pandemic,
- Unanticipated travel, moving, storage, and other miscellaneous costs incurred by students and families.
Beacon College acknowledges signing and submitting the USDOE Certificate & Agreement and pledges to use the specified amount of its received funds to students to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grant (Section 18004(a)).
The college has received $582,246 since its DOE Certificate & Agreement was submitted. The total amount available to eligible students is $202,715 under the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund II (HEERF II). The estimated number of students that were potentially eligible to be considered to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants in the second quarter of FY2022 was 442. As of July 1, 2021, the full amount of $202,715 has been disbursed to 48 students. Given HEERF II resources have been expended and given U.S. Department of Education direction, this is the last and final report on these funds.
Click the links below to view the report referenced for CARES, CRRSA & American Rescue Plan (ARP):
Previous HEERF II Student Emergency Aid Grant Reports
- Quarter ending 03-31-2021
- Quarter ending 06-30-2021
- Quarter ending 09-30-2021
- Quarter ending 12-31-2021
- Quarter ending 03-31-2022
Institutional Aid Quarterly Reports:
- Quarter Ending 09/30/2020 Expenditure Report
- Quarter Ending 12/31/2020 Expenditure Report
- Quarter Ending 03/31/2021 Expenditure Report
- Quarter Ending 06/30/2021 Expenditure Report
- Quarter Ending 09/30/2021 Expenditure Report
- Quarter Ending 12/31/2021 Expenditure Report
- Quarter Ending 03/31/2022 Expenditure Report