Beacon College On-Campus Employment

Types of employment 

Beacon offers two types of on-campus employment opportunities for students: Federal Work Study and Department-Funded positions.

The main differences revolve around the funding source and student eligibility.

The eligibility criteria differ according to department needs and the student’s course of study.

Federal Work Study Positions:

Federal Work-Study (FWS) is federally funded financial aid awarded to students based on their eligibility determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) along with other financial aid criteria. Upon their hiring, eligible students are awarded a specific amount, and the federal government subsidizes the wages to the employer.

Department Funded Positions:

Students without federal funding can find jobs across campus. Beacon departments pay in full for these students’ wages. All Beacon students are eligible to apply for these positions, regardless of financial need.

Look for all On-Campus Jobs in the Boven Career Development Center Monthly Newsletter.

Steps to completing a Successful On-Campus Job application

Please complete the online career center enrollment form using the link below, if you have not done so already.

Complete Enrollment Form

STEP 1: Complete the attached Beacon Student Worker Application Form.

STEP 2: Submit your resume and cover letter to

STEP 3: You will receive an email confirmation receipt for your resume & cover letter.

STEP 4: Email requests to the hiring department for possible interviews within 2-3 weeks.

STEP 5: Receive job offer information.

STEP 6: Notify the BCDC of your new position: call (352)638-9808 or email the Career Development Center.

STEP 7: Make an appointment with Fanetta Crawford of the Career Development Center to complete the onboarding process.

Appointment are required:
You must call (352)638-9808 or email the Career Development Center to make an appointment to complete the new hire process.

Required Documents for Identification 

  • Driver’s license or ID card issued by a State 
  • U.S. Passport or U.S. Passport Card
  • Social Security card Original not a copy 
  • Voter’s registration card

Required Documents for New Hires

Thank you for contacting the Career Development Center.