Pathfinders, a 24-page publication, features mini-profiles of 15 alumni, who recall their struggles in education before attending Beacon College, describe the tools and strategies they learned at Beacon to manage their learning differences, and illuminate the responsibilities they confront every day in their careers.
Featured alumni in Pathfinders include:
- Ariel Ben-Chitrit — a graduate student at the Interdisciplinary Center, Herzliya, Israel;
- Jamar Butler — a cybersecurity analyst with U.S. Southern Command in Miami, Fla.;
- Scott Diamond — computer support technician for Paynet, Inc., Skokie, Ill.
- Talia Diamond — a teacher with Jewish Council for Youth Services in Chicago, Ill.;
- Taylor Doleman — owner/photographer, Taylor Marie Photography, LLC, Atlanta, Ga.
- Chelsea Eubank Smith — director of alumni and parent relations at Beacon College, Leesburg, Fla.
- Phillip Gottdenker — social media manager for Down Home Property, Oxford, Fla.
- Davian Isom — immigration officer for the Department of Homeland Security/U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Baltimore, Md.
- Rosalyn Johnson, coordinator of outpatient therapeutic services and suicide prevention for Community Health of South Florida, Inc. in Miami, Fla., and;
- Arun Kapoor — an IT asset manager for Defense Logistics Agency in Fort Belvoir, Va.
- Howard Mass — site administrator/partner, RealGm.com
- Nathan Plung — artist, nathanplung.com
- Melissa Robinson — special education teacher, Samuel S. Gaines Academy, Fort Pierce, Fla.
- Hannah Walk — technical writer, Yardi, Atlanta, Ga.
- Scott Wilbur — founder, Next Level Transition Consulting, Alexandria, Va.
Pathfinders also includes a brief history of Beacon College, America’s first college or university accredited to award bachelor’s degrees primarily to students with learning disabilities, ADHD, dyslexia, and other learning differences.