Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) is a federal-state program that helps people who have physical or mental disabilities get or keep a job. VR is committed to helping people with disabilities find meaningful careers.
In addition to the general customer employment program, VR has additional specific programs designed to help eligible people with disabilities become employed.
Examples of VR Services:
- Medical and Psychological Assessment
- Vocational Evaluation and Planning
- Career Counseling and Guidance
- Training and Education After High School
- Job-Site Assessment and Accommodations
- Job Placement
- Job Coaching
- On-the-Job Training
- Supported Employment
- Assistive Technology and Devices
- Time-Limited Medical and/or Psychological Treatment
The amount of grant funding varies by state. Please contact your local Vocational Rehabilitation Office for additional information.