Sunday, June 18, to Saturday, June 24, 2023
It leaves students feeling overwhelmed, unable to keep up with assignments, and disconnected from professors and classmates. And too many students ultimately drop out of college, dissatisfied with their college experience and their confidence shaken.
The College Edge provides students with the critical direction and markers they need to restart — or start — their college journey.
How does it work?
Beacon’s College Edge is a highly interactive on-campus residential experience. All activities, counseling and instruction target self-awareness and skill-building across the five areas essential to college success:
- Executive functioning
- Social integration and emotional well-being
- Critical thinking and reading
- Career readiness
Each day, leading faculty experts direct workshops in these critical areas and provide hands-on skill-building. Students also participate in individual and group-based coaching, lessons on navigating campus life, and social activities.
Through these practical exercises, students learn how to improve their college-level skills — and successfully apply these critical strategies to their specific college environment.
Beacon’s College Edge includes:
- Self-assessments to identify individual strengths and areas for growth
- Workshops targeting both academic and social-emotional skills
- College-based case studies and scenarios that allow students to practice new skills in a safe and supportive setting
- Individual and group-based counseling and coaching
- College-living lessons on such topics as roommates, making friends, dating and parties
- Evening social activities
- Closing family session with progress overview and recommendations for the fall semester
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Students who have taken a gap year after high school
- Current college students aged 18-22 (who have ideally earned fewer than 30 credits)
- Students who are not currently enrolled nor planning to enroll at Beacon College
Is this you? Click here to apply online.
WHAT DOES IT COST?
The College Edge’s all-inclusive cost is $1,250. This includes all on-campus programming and expenses including meals, housing and activities. Students are responsible for their travel to and from Beacon College for the program.
We recorded our last info session of the year on May 15! Access the on-demand recording anytime for an overview of the program, its benefits and options and a Q&A.
WATCH THE SESSION >
Speak with the Director of Summer Programming:
Want to chat with us about your unique situation or ask questions about this summer program? You can schedule a one-on-one Zoom conversation with Brody Glidden, director of summer programming.
SCHEDULE A CALL >
Download or Share the Program Flyer::
Print or share the program flyer with friends or family who may benefit from the June 2023 College Edge program.
VIEW THE FLYER >
"*" indicates required fields
I’m Ready to Apply!
To apply to our 2023 College Edge program, please complete the following steps. Applications and related documents are accepted by email, fax, or mail.
- Step 1 – Click here to complete the online application.
- Step 2 – Your online application will request the following documents, or you can send them to us directly at the contact information below.
- Official high school and college transcripts showcasing work completed to date
- Two Letters of Recommendation (Download the Summer Program Recommendation Form)
- Psychoeducational testing or IEP/504 documents (Optional but encouraged)
- Step 3 – Complete a family interview. After your application documents are received, we will reach out to you to schedule your personal interview.
Submit application documents to:
Beacon College, Summer Programs
105 East Main Street
Leesburg, FL 34748
Phone (352) 913-4104
Fax (352) 787-0796