If you’ve been accepted into the Beacon College Summer for Success or Boost Program, there are a few more things you need to do before enrollment is complete:
1. Intent to Enroll & Enrollment Deposit
The summer program fills up quickly and spots are limited. To reserve your place in the summer program, please complete your intent to enroll and submit your deposit within two weeks of your acceptance.
Option 1: Paper Form and Check Payment – Please download the Intent to Enroll form (PDF), complete it and return it to us with a check for your enrollment deposit.
Option 2: Online Form and Credit Card Payment – Please complete the online Intent to Enroll form and submit your credit card payment online. Please be sure to select the correct summer program.
2. Online Course Selection
As a Summer for Success student, you’ll choose one class each from Block A, Block B and Block C. Students in Summer for Success and the Imagination Experience must choose three of the five available independent living skills courses. (If you would like to review the full course descriptions, you can find them at this link.)
At this time most courses are full for the 2023 program. If you are accepted for this year’s program and have not yet selected your courses, please contact Brody Glidden at (352) 913-4104 or firstname.lastname@example.org to finalize your course selection.
3. Scholarship Application
Please download the Scholarship Application, complete it and return it to us.
4. Complete Documents & Forms
Various documents are required to be completed before students arrive on campus for the summer program. Some are available by PDF, and all are available to be completed online through our forms Jotform app here. The below list includes individual items, due dates and descriptions of forms that are still available to be completed. Past due forms have been removed.
- Contact Information Sheet [Online] – Due April 30. This file provides Beacon College with up-to-date contact information for students on campus and families at home.
- Medical Forms [Online] – Due May 14. This collection of three forms provides Beacon College Health Services staff with the information needed to properly monitor and care for enrolled students, your authorization to treat for first aid, healthcare, or emergency needs, as well as parental permission for enrolled students to take over-the-counter medication for mild symptoms.
- Housing & Club Survey [Online] – Due May 14. Please complete this survey to help us pair you with ideal suitemate(s) during your time on campus and to select your preferred clubs and activities.
- Weekend Activity Survey [Online] – Due May 31. Please complete this survey to help us plan for the quantity of tickets and transportation needs for each event. This survey is not a binding reservation for each activity.
- Photo Release [PDF] – Due June 1. Download and return the photo release form to email@example.com
- Airport Shuttle Request Form [Online] – Due June 15. This reservation form books transportation to and/or from the Orlando International Airport for the summer program.
- Closing Day Campus Tour Sign-Up [Online] – Please complete this survey to secure a spot in one of our group campus tours for families on July 28, 2023.
Submit enrollment documents to:
Beacon College, Transition Center
105 East Main Street
Leesburg, FL 34748
Phone (352) 638-9777
Fax (352) 787-0796
Additional Reference Documents and Resources
- Summer for Success Brochure – The 2023 program brochure is linked here for you to reference overview information, course descriptions, sample activities, and more.
- Important Dates for the 2023 Program – Please refer to this brief list of important dates for receipt of forms and pre-orientation webinars.
- Pre-Program Webinars – Throughout June,we will be holding informational sessions four Tuesdays in June from 5:00 – 5:30 PM EST. Each session will be recorded and sent out after the event in case you cannot attend. (Click to download and save a PDF schedule.)
- May 1 Kick-Off Webinar: Welcome and What to Expect Leading Up to the Program – Click join.
- June 6 Webinar: Welcome and Review of Required Paperwork before Opening Day – Click join.
- June 13 Webinar: Move-In Day Schedule & First Week of Program Overview – Click join.
- June 20 Webinar: Communication Policies & Second Week of Program Overview – Click join.
- June 27 Webinar: Problem-Solving & Final Week of Program Overview – Click join.
- Orientation and Move-in Schedule – Please reference this document for your appropriate check-in time by group as well as an hourly schedule for orientation day on July 9, 2023.
- Code of Conduct – The Summer for Success Code of Conduct outlines the norms, responsibilities and behavior expectations of students participating in the program.
- Packing List – A sample packing list and information about residence hall services is provided to help students and families plan for items that will be needed on campus.
- Shipping Procedures – This document provides the shipping address and instructions for families planning to ship items for Summer for Success.
- Overview Chart of Weekend Activities – This chart provides descriptions of each potential weekend activity, including environmental stressors.