The Boven Career Development Center supports and empowers students in developing requisite career-building knowledge, skills, and experiences using the career development models by which students discover their values, strengths, career interests, and work attitudes.
To assist students in becoming self-sufficient through a successful transition into the workplace guided by career assessments, goal setting, and internship opportunities.
The Boven Career Development Center commits to:
- Excellent and professional customer service
- Career and professional development
- Connecting education and careers
- Partnerships and collaboration with alumni, faculty, businesses, and organizations
- Welcoming, open, and inclusive environment
- Collaboration and innovation
- Empowering and engaging professional opportunities and relationships
At Beacon College, freshman students follow the four-year Career Development Model. They learn about their values, strengths, career interests, and work attitudes. The model’s next phase engages students in career exploration, options, and job-shadowing experiences. Through this, students explore different occupations in their chosen career field. By the third year, students work on goal setting with timelines, internships/field experiences with performance feedback, and workplace communication. In their senior year, students continue working on internships/field experiences, resume-building, interviewing skills, and job-search strategies. Our model contributes to a successful transition from college to the workplace or graduate school.