The Boven Career Development Center provides one-on-one student and alumni services and assistance with:
- Employability skills training
- Résumé and cover letter reviews
- Mock interviews and interview training
- Facilitate on-campus employment (work study/other)
- Career and major exploration
- Graduate and professional school preparation
- Career action plan development
- Career fairs and networking events
- On-campus student employment hub
- Job application completion/submission
- Internship search and application
- Weekly workshops and prep weeks
- Information sessions
- Alumni connections
- Industry connections
The Boven Career Development Center works with local and national businesses and organizations. These partnerships afford students job shadowing, internships, and employment opportunities.
The Getzel, Admire, Professional (GAP) Career Closet
Getzel wardrobe for men and Admire for ladies is a resource for Beacon students that allows students to dress for success for career fairs, interviews, and the workplace.
Visit the Boven Career Development Center GAP for career gear such as suits, blazers, skirts, and button-down shirts to help you make a positive lasting impression as you enter the professional world.
The GAP closet is located at:
Boven Career Development Building
100 Meadow St, Leesburg, FL
Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Please check in at the front desk.
Acceptable items include full suits, jackets/blazers, professional shirts, slacks, skirts, professional dresses, ties, briefcases, and portfolios. To drop off donations call: 352-638-9821
Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.