Bachelor of Science in Business Management
The Bachelor of Science in Business Management equips students with personal leadership skills and an understanding of management ethics and best practices. Graduates will possess the tools to enter the business world or a graduate program to further develop and strengthen their skills as business professionals.
- The Hospitality and Tourism Management track prepares students for management careers within the industry. Students will learn the concepts and principles necessary to be successful in today’s globally competitive environment.
- Internship opportunities in both the Management and the Hospitality track combine theory and experiential learning under the guidance of departmental faculty and industry professionals.
- Principles of Marketing – Students examine marketing of goods and services and learn how to adapt to success, weakness, opportunities, and threats
- International Business and Management – Students examine the environment and operations of international business and management
- Business Management Seminar – Students demonstrate concepts learned in previous courses and field study with the application of a capstone project
- Event Management – Students get creatively engaged in managing events after learning methods and theories
- Principles of Tourism – Students discover the major concepts of tourism that affect cultural, social, economic, psychological, and marketing aspects of travel and tourism
About the Field
The US Department of Labor expects that opportunities for business undergraduates will continue to grow over the next decade. The top three occupations in the United States are currently Customer Service Representatives, Sales, and Food Services Managers.
Business Program Manager
International Business Manager
Convention Event Management
Front Office Clerk
Assistant Beverage/Bar Manager
Assistant Food and Beverage Manager
Business Management Minor
The business management minor is an interdisciplinary program open to all Beacon students. The curriculum provides students with a broad view of business management, and it can be combined with a degree in another field.
Want to learn more about our business management program? Schedule a tour today by contacting our Office of Admissions at email@example.com or call 352-638-9731 or 855-220-5376 (toll-free).