We are all part of the larger fabric of society. This gives us an obligation to make contributions that sustain and improve that fabric and keep it healthy. Community service is essential for a fulfilling life simply because we are giving back much of what was given to us and because, in return, we get great satisfaction. Beacon students are consistently invited to explore – and get involved with – our surrounding community through a range of community-based learning and volunteer activities.
Contribute to others.
- Sow good services; sweet remembrances will grow them.
- I’ve come to believe that each of us has a personal calling that’s as unique as a fingerprint – and that the best way to succeed is to discover what you love and then find a way to offer it to others in the form of service, working hard, and also allowing the energy of the universe to lead you.
- Always render more and better service than is expected of you, no matter what your task may be.
- Be alert to give service. What counts a great deal in life is what we do for others.
- The service you do for others is the rent you pay for the time you spend on earth.
- There is no higher religion than human service. To work for the common good is the greatest creed.
- Men are rich only as they give. He who gives great service gets great rewards.
- Service which is rendered without joy helps neither the servant nor the served. But all other pleasures and possessions pale into nothingness before service which is rendered in a spirit of joy.
- Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?’
- Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness.