Beacon College, a liberal arts institution of higher education, partners with and engages undergraduates who learn differently. We provide an education and campus culture that empowers and guides our students along their individual paths to knowledge, self-discovery, and success.
Beacon College, a four-year accredited college, is uniquely motivated to serve students with learning disabilities, ADHD, and other learning differences. The College fosters creative thought and responsible world citizenship.
We accomplish our mission by:
- Attracting faculty and staff who bring exceptional innovation, experience and expertise to their work with students.
- Employing multi-modal teaching strategies and a Learning Specialist model that provides students with a high degree of individual attention.
- Creating a supportive campus community that encourages and enriches personal development, self-advocacy, and independence.
- Guiding students to transform their most significant challenges into unanticipated strengths.
- Exploring new and meaningful ways to express and extend the College’s singular mission and values.
- Preparing students for a life abundant characterized by self-confidence, personal and professional success, and a love for lifelong learning.
Adopted by the Board of Trustees, May, 2016