In accordance with Florida Statute 1006.69 and Florida Administrative Code (6C-6.001-5), along with promoting a healthy college community, Beacon College policy requires that prior to registration, all students must provide the following immunizations, documented by your health care provider:
(Provide month, day, and year of vaccine or dated copy of titers and reports.)
1. Two doses of measles, mumps, rubella combined in an MMR (2 doses after 1st birthday) OR Laboratory reports of titers for immunity of measles (rubella), mumps, and rubella.
2. Three doses of Hepatitis B vaccination at intervals of one month apart, and the third at six months from the first dose. The hepatitis vaccination series is not restarted. So if a dose is missed, the series can still be completed as a series of three OR Laboratory reports with titers for antibodies to Hepatitis B.
3. One or Two doses Meningitis vaccination all students – revaccinate every five years if increased risk
4. A booster dose of Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis (Tdap/Adacel) within 10 years of this date
5. Tuberculosis Screening: Required for International Students & Students Residing Outside of the United States as well as most Health Programs (see form)
Immunizations must be documented on Beacon College Immunization Form with an authorized stamp and signature of your health care provider.
Exemptions: Exemptions to the immunization policy (based on Florida State policy and / or College policy) may be granted for valid medical or religious reasons.
Beacon College Immunization Form
Please download and have your health care provider complete and authorize the Beacon College Medical Immunization Form.
The following are strongly recommended for your health (but are not required):
- Varicella #1 (Chickenpox)
- Varicella #2 (Chickenpox) or History of Chickenpox Disease
- Hepatitis A #1
- Hepatitis A #2
- HPV (Gardasil) #1, #2, #3
- Polio (last dose date)