Life coaches empower students to set their own goals, take action toward them, and celebrate the progress toward, and completion of, their goals.
What to expect from a life coach at Beacon College:
- Life coaches will ask you powerful questions.
- Life coaches will encourage you to clarify your specific goals.
- Life coaches will bring activities and opportunities for reflection and growth.
- Life coaches will support you and your goals.
- Life coaches will not evaluate your life as a counselor would and diagnose you.
- Life coaches will not tutor you or tell you how to write a paper.
During a life coaching session you will:
- Set goals that motivate you to develop your desired skills and life.
- Create action steps that get you where you want to be.
- Build a structure with your life coach for holding yourself accountable.
- Brainstorm and plan for obstacles and challenges.
- Celebrate your accomplishments and reflect on your progress.
- Expect to be in a confidential relationship.
What life coaches expect from you as a student and as part of the Beacon College experience:
- You will meet with a life coach weekly for at least 10 weeks.
- You will develop meaningful goals.
- You will work towards your goals over time.