Clubs and Organizations
Out of classroom experiences are instrumental in the holistic development of the Beacon College student. Participation in clubs and organizations complement the academic experience and allow students to mold their campus community, explore new ideas and interests, create friendships, and develop communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
Student Leadership is an important aspect of clubs and organizations at Beacon. While faculty and staff serve as sponsors and advisors, we believe that it is important for the students themselves to spearhead their club or organization. Students are responsible for managing their own budgets, organizing events, and maintaining cohesiveness in the group.
The variety of clubs and organizations range from academic, cultural, and service oriented to faith based and special interests. Students are invited to create new clubs and organizations based on the unique and changing interests of the student body.
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA)- FCA focuses on serving others by equipping, empowering, and encouraging people to make a difference for Christ.
- Gamma Beta Phi Society- An honor and service organization.
- Greek Organizations – Student run organizations dedicated to brotherhood/sisterhood, scholarship, and service.
- Lambda Epsilon Omega Fraternity
- XI Kappa XI
- Student Government Association – A campus organization dedicated to improving student life and campus involvement through student-led initiatives.
- Student Activities Board – A group of students and staff that plot and hold regular events on campus for all students.
- Art Club – A club dedicated to individual artistic expression; a self directed art outlet with input and assistance from sponsor.
- Beach Goers Club – Every month, the club spends a day at the beach to relax and enjoy a bit of paradise.
- Camping Club- A club dedicated to camping and enjoyment of the outdoors.
- Graphic Novel Club- A club dedicated to the enjoyment of graphic novels and related media.
- Tennis Club – A club dedicated to participation in recreational tennis.
- Theatre Goers’ Club – A club that gives students the opportunity to experience local theater productions on a monthly basis.
- Performance Club – A club dedicated to showcasing student talent in many forms, including song and dance.