After You’re Admitted
Congratulations! You’ve been accepted to Beacon College! Welcome!
- Finalize your enrollment by following our enrollment checklist and using provided links.
- Submit your enrollment deposit:
- Send a nonrefundable check payable to Beacon College ($250.00), along with the Intent to Enroll Form that accompanied your acceptance letter.
Contact us at 855-220-5376 with any questions about the enrollment process. We’ll see you at Orientation!
This enrollment checklist will help keep you on track and ensure a smooth transition to Beacon College.
- Pay the enrollment deposit. This saves your place at Beacon and makes you eligible for scholarships and financial aid. The nonrefundable enrollment deposit is $250. You may pay online or by phone at 855-220-5376.
- Submit the FAFSA . This must be completed before the Financial Aid Office can finalize your need-based financial assistance package. Beacon College’s FAFSA code is 033733. Call 352-638-9733 if you have any questions (Please NOTE: Allow 5-7 business days for processing).
- Complete Housing Application
- Submit documentation of previous college course credit. If you are currently enrolled in college—or if you have taken AP, CLEP, or IB courses—Beacon needs an official transcript from the school(s) where credit was earned.
- Complete all Medical Forms and send proof of current immunization forms. To avoid delays with moving in and starting classes, submit all medical forms within three weeks of your acceptance.
- Finalize financial aid awards. All awards are emailed to the address you provided on your FAFSA, along with directions on how to “Accept” your award letter. Call 352-638-9733 with questions.
- Pay bill. Before the semester begins, please make sure all your bills are paid. Check with the Business Office (352-638-9728) if you have questions or concerns.
Once the Intent to Enroll and non-refundable deposit ($250) is received, new students are registered in classes by the Registrar or Academic Advisor (based on major). Once the student is registered in classes, Academic Affairs will send the following items:
- Academic Affairs Welcome Letter
- Class schedule
- Class book list
- Mandatory Immunization Form (if not already received and in the student’s file)
- Billing Statement
- Beacon College Contact List
How Else Can I Prepare:
- Connect with current and future Beacon students. Connect with other students when you “like” us on Facebook.
- Order your textbooks. Contact the Beacon bookstore at 352-638-7816 to place your order, and your books will be waiting for you when you arrive on campus.
- Plan what to bring to Beacon. Review the list of what to bring and what should be left at home, and contact the Office of Housing and Residence Life at 352-360-8019 with additional questions.
- Attend New Student Orientation. Designed specifically for first-year students, New Student Orientation gives you a glimpse at the many academic and extracurricular opportunities waiting for you at Beacon College. Orientation for spring 2014 is January 4th & 5th (Saturday & Sunday).
- Review the Academic Calendar.