After You’re Admitted
Congratulations! You’ve been accepted to Beacon College! Welcome!
- Finalize your enrollment by following our enrollment checklist and using provided links.
- Submit your enrollment deposit:
- Send a nonrefundable check payable to Beacon College ($250.00), along with the Intent to Enroll Form that accompanied your acceptance letter.
Contact us at 855-220-5376 with any questions about the enrollment process.
For Fall 2015 new students, Orientation details and enrollment forms will be available after January 1, 2015.
Fall 2015 Enrollment Checklist:
This enrollment checklist will help keep you on track and ensure a smooth transition to Beacon College.
- Pay the enrollment deposit. This saves your place at Beacon and makes you eligible for scholarships and financial aid. The nonrefundable enrollment deposit is $250. You may pay online or by phone at 855-220-5376.
- Submit the FAFSA . This must be completed before the Financial Aid Office can finalize your need-based financial assistance package. Beacon College’s FAFSA code is 033733. Call 352-638-9733 if you have any questions (Please NOTE: Allow 5-7 business days for processing).
- Complete Housing Application.
- Submit official and final high school transcripts or official GED results.
- Submit documentation of previous college course credit. If you are currently enrolled in college—or if you have taken AP, CLEP, or IB courses—Beacon needs an official transcript from the school(s) where credit was earned.
- Complete all Medical Forms. Prior to attending classes Beacon College requests a medical action plan, immunization document, and insurance information for newly enrolled students in line with Beacon College Policies and other official guidelines. All medical forms are to be submitted via confidential fax at 1-800-313-0339. Please submit Medical Forms as soon as possible to avoid delays with moving-in and starting classes. If you have any questions, please contact the Health Office at 352-638-9701 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Finalize financial aid awards. All awards are emailed to the address you provided on your FAFSA, along with directions on how to “Accept” your award letter. Call 352-638-9733 with questions.
- Pay bill. Before the semester begins, please make sure all your bills are paid. Check with the Business Office (352-638-9728) if you have questions or concerns.
Once the Intent to Enroll and non-refundable deposit ($250) is received, new students are registered in classes and assigned a SONIS account and pin to view their financial aid awards, billing statements, course registration, and a list of required textbooks. Students are also assigned a Beacon email address to be used for College communications. Students are emailed and mailed these details within one week of receipt of their deposit. Once the student is registered in classes, Academic Affairs will send the following items:
- Academic Affairs Welcome Letter
- Class schedule
- Class book list
- Beacon College Contact List
How Else Can I Prepare:
- Connect with current and future Beacon students. Connect with other students when you “like” us on Facebook, and join the Google+ community solely for incoming freshmen.
- Order your textbooks. Contact the Beacon bookstore at 352-638-7816 to place your order, and your books will be waiting for you when you arrive on campus.
- Plan what to bring to Beacon. Review the list of what to bring and what should be left at home, and contact the Office of Housing and Residence Life at 352-638-9700 with additional questions.
- Attend New Student Orientation. New Student Orientation gives you a glimpse at the many academic and extracurricular opportunities waiting for you at Beacon College. Orientation dates for fall 2015 are August 21st-23rd. Review the schedule here. This is tentative and subject to change; please check back for updates.
- Review the 2015-2016 Academic Calendar.