Become part of a community dedicated to students with learning differences.
Beacon College is an equal access/equal opportunity institution committed to affirmative action and advocates a drug-free environment. Beacon College seeks qualified and diverse candidates with multicultural experience including members of protected class groups.
Office of Human Resources
Beacon College is dedicated to attracting talented, high caliber staff and supporting all employees in their professional development. Positions currently open are listed below:
Computer Information Systems Instructor
The Business & Technology Department seeks to hire an energetic, innovative full-time faculty person for the Computer Information Systems major. This position is designed for the forward-thinking, student-centered, technology generalist who can provide leadership in the following areas:
1) Enhance and teach the introductory freshman computer technology courses.
2) Teach advanced courses, including, but not limited to: networking and communications, databases, business applications.
3) Engage students in digital literacy, applying technology and appropriate software in coursework across the curriculum.
4) The ability to integrate CompTIA lessons into the CIS curriculum. CompTia training and certifications would be ideal.
- Provide practical hands-on instruction to create an engaging learning environment.
- Employ instructional technology and active learning approaches to enhance the learning experience and achieve learning outcomes.
- Evaluate student academic performance using a variety of assessments and techniques.
- Maintain required office hours each week.
- Participate in scheduled College activities.
- Stay current in subject area through professional development.
- A contract year consists of five fall courses, five spring courses, and one 4-week summer course.
What does Beacon College offer?
- A focus on student success
- Small class sizes
- Collaborative work environment
- Opportunities to enhance course curriculum and create new topics courses
- Support for professional development
- Be a part of a growing dedicated college community
- Competitive compensation & benefits plan
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum of eighteen hours of coursework in information systems or related area.
- Demonstrated skill teaching computer information systems concepts to students at different ability levels.
- Experience in developing innovative curriculum at the college level.
- CompTIA Certification is a plus.
Send the following to email@example.com
- A letter of interest
- Curriculum vitae
- Copies of your college transcripts (unofficial transcripts accepted initially)
- Philosophy of teaching statement
- Contact information for three references
Due to the nature of the position, candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. Beacon College is an equal access/equal opportunity institution committed to affirmative action and advocates a drug-free environment. Beacon College seeks qualified and diverse candidates with multicultural experience including members of protected class groups.