News

Attending MegaCon

March 22, 2013

MegaCon, the annual comic book convention, was held at the Orange County Convention Center this past weekend. Several students set out to this event on March 16th and had so much fun that they wanted to share their experiences. The dates are set for 2014, and it’s safe to say these students have already penciled them in!
Being relatively new to the comic book and graphic novel scene, I wasn’t sure what to expect from MegaCon. It was pretty overwhelming at first. We arrived and there were crowds of people, many of them in costume, standing out and inside the actual convention center. Everyone immediately broke off into different directions and I decided to just go with the flow without any specific mission in mind. I walked around the event for a good 2-3 hours without stopping, enjoying the sights of the different booths and artists, and other attendees who were dressed up. I spent most of my time in the artist’s alley, going through and checking the different artists and their work (even bought a couple items), and the Star Wars booth/section they had set up. There was a lot to take in, but it was all very worth it and I had a wonderful time and was entertained by attendees and the event alike.

~Brett Daly

Spring break was brought to a great close for the comic book club going to MegaCon 2013. With 8 members and faculty spread out amongst characters from all over the comic, movie, game, and TV spectrum, there was a lot to see and do. MegaCon offered artists sales of their work; there were well known celebrities and actors and tons of merchandise to choose from. Saturday and Sunday were tons of fun and we all look forward to going back again, and fingers cross to one day make it to ComiCon.
~ Heather Reed

Beacon College
College for students with learning disabilities and ADHD
105 East Main Street, Leesburg, Florida 34748
Phone: Toll-Free 855-220-5374 Fax: 352-787-0721
© 2014 Beacon College