Meet Beacon Buzz Student Journalist: Kaela Surface

My name is Kaela Surface and I am from Wishek, ND. I am currently enrolled as a sophomore here at Beacon College, and am going for my bachelor’s degree in the Web and Digital Media track of the Computer Information Systems major. After I graduate from Beacon, I will be going into the Peace Corps for a few years, and then find a job at a small company in either Minnesota or Florida that designs web pages for clients. I would also like to continue my schooling at Full Sail University in Winter Park, FL for animation or at Brooks Institute in Santa Barbara, CA for photography. If I go into animation, I would like to get hired by Pixar Animation Studios and if I go into photography, I would like to either work for National Geographic or have my own portrait studio. An interesting fact about me is that I was in bowling leagues for about five years, have a 128 average, had my team come in first place on two different leagues, and have achieved first, second, and third place in a few tournaments in Bismarck and Mandan, ND. I believe that the news is important for the students here at Beacon because it updates them on what’s going on in the world, community of Leesburg, surrounding areas, and here at school.

Share...Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedInPin on PinterestEmail this to someone